The Embedded Software Engineer will be working with our customer-facing engineering team, other internal engineering teams and partners to define requirements from customer inputs, architect, develop, and implement interfaces to our force/pressure sensors, produce data calibration and linearization algorithms and communicate data to other systems. The engineer will use his/her technical background to devise innovative solutions for these requirements and will have the opportunity to work with a variety of microcontroller architectures, though our primary targets are ARM Cortex core based. The Peratech Product and Solutions Group has established a centre of excellence for software and hardware engineering in Stockholm and the postholder will be an extended part of that. Additionally, the engineer will be part of a global solutions team, with colleagues and internal and external customers all over the world. Therefore, this job could include around 30 travel days a year internationally, especially to the UK and Asia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of our Director of Software, works with technical sales team and other engineers to define product specifications from functional requirements and determine firmware integration needs
• Develops firmware solutions and ideas for integrating Peratech sensors into a variety of system applications in diverse industry segments and embodiments.
• Use innovative signal analysis techniques to characterize signal coming from our sensor systems.
• Collaborates with our UX/UI software and mechanical engineering teams as well as with internal and external customers on a global basis to provide innovative pressure/force-sensing solutions
• Devises and implements advanced sensor calibration, linearization, correction, and classification algorithms in the embedded firmware environment, both by own efforts and by effectively managing external software development resources
• Mentors other members of the global firmware team to enhance their personal and professional development
• Provides documentation of code in an easy-to-understand form, to allow extensive reuse of functions
REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE
• At least BSc level in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
• At least five years' experience in firmware engineering with a proven ability to deliver products on time and on budget
• Experience in creating well structured, easy-to-understand code, with excellent documentation
• Fluency in spoken and written English, with communication skills at a professional level.
• ARM Cortex embedded firmware development in C, C++ with high levels of optimization
• Familiarity with coding for an RTOS environment (e.g. ZephyrOS, VxWorks), signal analysis and characterization in low-power environments, creation of bootloaders, building and testing portable C-libraries
ADDITIONAL USEFUL EXPERIENCE
• Writing code for other MCU types beyond ARM
• Knowledge of implementation of embedded communications protocols, including USB, Bluetooth, I2C, SPI and UART. If you happen to be one of the few people in the world who know about ACPI on embedded devices that would be great!
• Interest/experience in the practical implementation of AI/ML algorithms
• Experience designing modules for human machine interfaces, such as control panels and membrane switches, touch screens, track pads, keypads, dials, controls and other physical interfaces into handheld or fixed electronics devices
WHAT WE OFFER
• You will work with cutting edge technology
• Great development opportunities, as you will be working with a very professional team, in a tech savvy company - a company that supports your development
• A very dynamic environment, in a company with a strong development
• Comprehensive terms
• Full time employment based in our facilities in central Stockholm, with flexible remote work
CONTACT AND HOW TO APPLY
For this recruitment, we have partnered with XLNT Search. Should you have queries regarding these roles or the recruitment process, please contact Ulf Magnusson, +46 70 569 09 28 or mail email@example.com
We apply continuous selection during this recruitment process, so do send us your application promptly
We are looking forward to your application!
Peratech is a pressure-sensing technology solutions company that provides next-generation touch and haptics solutions to some of the most exciting and innovative companies in automotive, industrial, musical instrument, electronic appliance, and consumer electronics markets.
Our patented HF-QTC™ technology sits at the crossroads of Physics and Chemistry, requiring a balance of clever thinking and problem-solving in Materials Science, Mechanical, Software and Electronics engineering to take full advantage of its properties.
We are a small team of passionate technologists, engineers, scientists, and problem solvers looking for the best fellow teammates to help make our company a great success. We are an equal opportunity employer that believes the best people come from all walks of life all over the world.