The Cyber Technologist (CT) role is a dynamic and varied customer focused technical position. CT's provide technical and cyber defence expertise in pre-sale and post-sales accounts, working together with our Cyber Account Managers to ensure customer needs are met.
Darktrace is currently expanding its technical team to accommodate a rapidly growing customer base and accelerating revenue. We are looking to hire a number of STEM graduates, and these positions offer fast-paced career development, and numerous opportunities for personal advancement. You'll be provided with extensive training and support as you further your existing skills in this role.
Key responsibilities include;
- Acting as a technical point of contact between clients, partners, and internal teams within Darktrace
- Being accountable for the delivery of Proof of Value engagement from end to end
- Presenting Threat Intelligence Reports and advice to a variety of audiences, from technical audiences to C-level executives.
- Partnering closely with our Account Executive teams on their work with new and existing clients
- Being the trusted advisor and technical authority to the client
- Providing feedback and technical reporting
- Designing and building custom client integrations and defining solution architectures
- Act as a technical touch point between clients and partners
- International travel to client sites will be required when Covid restrictions allow
More about you:
This role will suit technical graduate individuals who have recently graduated with a STEM degree and are looking for a challenging client facing role that bridges technology and the business.
You will need to be tenacious, driven and have the following skill set:
- Experience and knowledge of technical language, and able to communication complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a leading university, in a STEM subject such as Computer Science
- Some previous experience of networks and security
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills, both written and verbally
- Able to work in a team autonomously and as part of a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whist delivering to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field
- Native or Fluent level of Swedish and English is required.
Any experience with customer-facing activities (pre/post-sales) is desirable but not essential. You may have experience of network and security devices/systems e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls, IDA, IPS, SIEM, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, and common networking protocols. This isn't essential and your role will include the chance to learn as you work and expand your skills in these areas.
If you have any questions you can contact Björn at XLNT Talent, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.